Baby Tortoise food list COMPLETE
So you’ve picked out the perfect baby tortoise for sale, and now you’re getting prepared for his or her arrival.. but what does a baby tortoise eat?
Explore our baby tortoise food list below and find out what are baby tortoise edible plants, and baby tortoise edible weeds, that are safe for your new baby tortoise to eat!
Baby tortoise Edible Plants & Tortoise Edible Weeds that are safe for tortoises to eat including sulcata tortoise safe plants and more. The most important thing to focus on is variety. Here at tortoise town, we feed a big mixture of the following, daily: Collard Greens, Mustard Greens, beet greens, turnip greens, spring mix, escarole, endive, yellow squash, green zucchini, minced carrots (we mince in vitamins and sprinkle/toss over food) and soaked and softened mazuri.
Baby tortoise food preparation
We slice and dice up all of our food, even the greens and make a “tortoise salad” so to speak. We mix everything in, even including the Mazuri tortoise chow.
Adding Supplements: We use a mixture of 3 parts Vionate, which is a multivitamin/mineral powder and one part Reptical WITH D3. We use this mixture every day, tossed lightly with our tortoise salad.
baby tortoise safe weeds list
Please note this list is in addition to a large free range area where animals can graze and browse on various grasses and clovers – grass is a very important factor in the diet of leopard and sulcata tortoises, for example. Don’t forget Mazuri tortoise chow, as a 2-3 day a week staple!
- Dandelion (Taraxacum officinale) leaves, stems and flowers.
- Red clover (Trifolium pratence) leaves, stems & flowers
- White clover (Trifolium repens) leaves, stems and flowers.
- Greater Plantain (Plantago media)
- Ribgrass or Ribwart Plantian (Plantago lancealata)
- Smooth Sow Thistle (Sonchus oleraceus) leaves, stems & flowers
- Prickly Sow Thistle (Sonchus asper) coarsely or finely chopped.
- White-Dead Nettle * (Lamilim album)
- Red-Dead Nettle (Lamium pupureum)
- Chickweed * (Stelaria media)
- Smooth hawks-beard (Crepis capilloris) leaves & flower
- Hedge mustard (Sisymbrium offlcinale) young plants
- Bramble (Rubus fruticosus) shoots, tender leaves & fruit.
Looking to buy baby tortoises for sale?
TORTOISE MART is proud to bring you the highest quality, hand raised captive bred tortoises for sale and turtles for sale in the United States. We offer a variety of captive-bred tortoise hatchlings for sale, including sulcata tortoise, albino sulcata tortoise, aldabra tortoise, leopard tortoise and cherryhead tortoise. We have a ll these in stock now. We offer the ability to buy pet tortoise online and get it shipped overnight to your door.
Captive bred baby tortoises for sale
As a captive bred tortoise breeder and tortoise farm, we have the highest quality baby star tortoise, leopard tortoise on sale, burmese star tortoise for sale, box turtle for sale, baby Sulcata tortoise for sale, african spurred tortoise, African spurred tortoise, spurred tortoise for sale, russian tortoise for sale, greek tortoise, we also offer baby Hermann’s tortoise to buy online. When considering a baby tortoises for sale online, consider buying from a real tortoise breeder that provides lifetime customer support, free of charge.